Gameday Preview: Tampa Bay Rays Return to Action With Drew Rasmussen Taking on Kansas City Royals4 min read
KANSAS City, Mo. — Irrespective of a slew of accidents, the Tampa Bay Rays managed to get by way of the All-Star crack 10 game titles more than .500. They are going to seem to improve on that 51-41 history on Friday evening, when they get again to work in opposition to the Kansas Metropolis Royals at Kauffman Stadium.
“I’d like to assume we’re all set. We had our pleasant split,” Rays supervisor Kevin Cash reported. “Most players genuinely take pleasure in the All-Star split. If we can decide up where by we remaining off, that will be good.
“We have received online games this very first fifty percent a lot of diverse means. We have finished it with the bats, we’ve undoubtedly done it with the pitching and accomplished it with protection. At the end of the working day, you want to perform as cleanse as possible and just win.”
This is the Rays’ initial conference with the Royals this season. They will participate in once more Saturday at 7:10 p.m. ET, and Sunday at 2:10 p.m. ET and play 4 game titles at Tropicana Area from Aug. 18-21.
Here’s how to check out Friday night’s video game, with Tv set facts, the commencing lineups, pitching bios and a load of newsy nuggets.
Scroll to Carry on
How to view Rays at Royals
- Who: Tampa Bay Rays (51-41) at Kansas Town (36-56)
- When: 8:10 p.m. ET, Friday, July 22
- In which: Kauffman Stadium, Kansas City, Mmo.
- Television set: Bally Sporting activities Sunlight
- Stream: Fubo.tv set Click In this article
- Announcers: Dewayne Staats (engage in-by-engage in), Brian Anderson (shade commentary) and Tricia Whitaker (reporter).
- Radio: WDAE 95.3 FM, SiriusXM Channel 183 (Royals announcers Rays on line)
- Announcers: Andy Freed and Dave Wills.
- Hottest line: The Rays are favored at minus-144 on the cash line in according to the Fanduel.com web site opening line as of Friday morning. The Royals are plus-122. The about/underneath is 9.
- DREW RASMUSSEN, RAYS: Drew Rasmussen is 5-3 on the year with a 3.22 acquired run common. He experienced a good five-activity run in Might, allowing for just a few operates in 26 2/3 innings, but he is been roughed a time or two due to the fact, both equally right before and following lacking a few commences with a hamstring injuries. He is created 3 commences given that returning on July 2, pitching 14 2/3 decisions and allowing for just 4 runs (2.45 Era). He is pitched two times from Kansas Metropolis in the past, equally in aid in 2020 when he was with the Milwaukee Brewers. He pitched two scoreless innings.
- BRAD KELLER, ROYALS: Brad Keller is 5-9 this season with a 3.96 Era. The Flowery Branch, Ga., native will convert 27 following week. This is his fifth year with the Royals, and he is earning his 101st start out on Friday evening. His vocation document is 34-44.
- TAMPA BAY RAYS: Yandy Diaz 3B, Brandon Lowe 2B, Randy Arozarena LF, Ji-Man Choi DH, Isaac Paredes 1B, Josh Lowe RF, Taylor Partitions SS, Francisco Mejia C, Brett Phillips CF, Drew Rasmussen P.
- KANSAS Metropolis ROYALS: MJ Melendez C, Bobby Witt Jr. SS, Andrew Benintendi LF, Hunter Dozier RF, Vinnie Pasquantino DH, Whit Merrifield 2B, Nick Pratto 1B, Michael Taylor CF, Nicki Lopez 3B, Brad Keller P.
- 1. PATINO TO Start SATURDAY: Rays manager Kevin Hard cash explained before Friday night’s activity that Luis Patino will pitch on Saturday night time. Patino went down with a remaining indirect straight for the duration of the initial inning of his initial begin in early April and skipped 3 months. He pitched 3 1/3 innings in his return very last Friday in opposition to the Orioles, making it possible for two operates and 4 hits in the Rays’ 5-4 earn.
- 2. SPRINGS Established TO RETURN: Money also explained that starter Jeffrey Springs is established to return from the injured list. He is skipped some time with a small calf injuries, but has also been working with his little one son’s disease. Hard cash claimed that Springs will likely get started Sunday’s game, pushing All-Star Shane McClanahan and veteran Corey Kluber again into following week’s collection at Baltimore. Springs has been pretty fantastic because entering the starting up rotation. He is 3-2 with an remarkable 2.65 Period.
- 3. Becoming Careful WITH CHOI: 1st baseman Ji-Gentleman Choi is still bothered a little bit with an elbow damage, so Money reported he’ll start at DH on Friday and Isaac Paredes will take above the chores at 1st base.
- 4. ROMAN QUINN JOINS RAYS: The Rays have signed veteran outfielder Roman Quinn. The 29-year-aged outfielder from Port St. Joe, Fla, has hardly ever produced a massive effect in the majors — his played section of six seasons in Philadelphia with a career .223 common.