Teaching camp is practically below, folks. That indicates Vikings soccer is ideal close to the corner. As we head into a new year, it might be valuable to search again at some of the stats that described the 2021 Vikings time. Shout out to Subsequent Gen Stats, Professional Football Reference, and Pro Football Target for delivering the exceptional data.
1) 45.27% – Justin Jefferson accounted for 45.27% of Minnesota’s air yards final year. Prioritizing the younger receiver, of training course, is a sensible factor to do. That getting mentioned, may it be worthwhile to stay clear of Jefferson nearing 50% of the team’s air yards? One has to imagine that there’s a way to function Jefferson while also producing additional stability for the passing assault.
2) 38 – Over the previous three seasons, Adam Thielen has performed 38 video games. If he was absolutely healthful and obtainable, Thielen would have performed 49 video games. Possessing Thielen on the field for a total year will help to attain much more stability in the passing activity.
3) 42nd – Dalvin Cook concluded as the 42nd rated RB on PFF. He has was a prime 3 managing back again in 2020. The Vikings want to lean on their operate video game they’re spending Cook dinner a whole lot of dollars. The workforce is hoping Prepare dinner can as soon as yet again be elite.
4) 7 – Kirk Cousins threw 7 interceptions past year. Steering clear of turnovers, of system, is a very good issue. It is good to wonder, however, if the workforce would welcome a couple a lot more interceptions if it meant Cousins started finishing far more high-hazard throws in vital times.
5) 14.5 – Danielle Hunter had 14.5 sacks the last time he played a entirely healthy time. In truth, he experienced consecutive 14.5 sack seasons. A daring prediction I have manufactured in the earlier is that Hunter and Za’Darius Smith will combine for 30+ sacks in the 2022 time. If each are wholesome, then that quantity is pretty attainable.
6) 54.1% – Cameron Dantzler permitted quarterbacks to entire 54.1% of the passes sent in his route. Folks, that’s a very extraordinary quantity. If Dantzler ultimately gets to be a whole-time starter, can he replicate that powerful percentage by way of a complete year? The 3rd-yr corner is a superior participant, an individual who has the capability to be a definitely superior player.
7) 101.6 – QBs experienced a 101.6 passer rating when they qualified Eric Kendricks in protection. Kendricks, as we all know, is a single of the finest protection linebackers in the NFL. However, he allowed much more than 74% of passes to be completed into his coverage. Ed Donatell will be leaning on Kendricks to be a difference maker from the middle linebacker position. He’ll be tasked with using on other teams’ gifted RBs and TEs.
8) 104 & 426 – Harrison Smith experienced 104 snaps together the defensive line in 2021 Harrison Smith had 426 snaps at free safety in 2021. In other phrases, Smith experienced rather a couple snaps at both the front and back of Minnesota’s defense. Donatell will in the same way be relying on the veteran to make performs all in excess of the field, while it’s truly worth checking how Smith’s purpose could possibly alter.
9) 86.8% – Greg Joseph hit 86.8% of his field plans last year. He strike 90% of his additional details. In an excellent earth, the FG range moves closer to 90% and the XP selection receives into the higher 90s.
10) 8 – The Vikings had 8 wins past period. The yr right before, they experienced 7 wins. Two straight mediocre years led to some quite major changes all through the offseason. Most of the modify took position in the front workplace and amongst the coaching employees. If the teams equally places forth a modest win full in 2022 – a little something in the 7-9 wins array – then the variations will most likely start off impacting the roster in a more important manner.